What Is Pathways To Opportunities Family Self-Sufficiency?
Pathways To Opportunities Family Self-Sufficiency (PTO-FSS) is an innovative voluntary program that assesses the skills and needs of families and individuals living in government subsidized housing, and assist with establishing realistic goals created by participants, and appropriate mentoring and wrap-around services to empower families in making positive life changes. The goal of the PTO-FSS program is to assist the Annapolis Housing Authority Stewards and participants of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP-Section 8) to obtain economic independence through education, planning and employment. Once a family expresses an interest in participating in the program, they will go through the PTO-FSS orientation process which may include workshops and interviews. A case manager assists each family in setting goals for self-sufficiency and looking at the issues that stand in the way of success. The case manager also helps identify supportive services from the community to address these issues. With this information the family draws up a plan and timetable for achieving self-sufficiency. An agreement is signed by the participant and HACA indicating their commitment to work toward the goal of regular employment.
How Does the Program Work?
As a part of the PTO-FSS program, participants work with a case manager on a plan that outlines specific activities needed to achieve their individualized self-sufficiency goals. Throughout the program, the case manager monitors participants' progress step-by-step and assist however required.
How can the PTO-FSS Program Help Improve Your Life?
- Identify goals
- Identify and remove the barriers which could prevent achievement of goals
- Identify resources and services that are necessary for success
- Develop a plan to outline specific activities and actions needed to achieve goal
- Receive case management services, encouragement, motivation, and moral support to achieve goals.
Who can participate?
To be eligible for participation in the PTO-FSS program, you must:
- Annapolis Housing Authority Steward
- Hold a Section-8 Voucher or Voucher Tax Credit
- Agree to comply with the terms and conditions of your contract
- Be able to seek and maintain employment during the term of the contract
- Make a commitment to yourself to strive for excellence.
Taking part in the PTO-FSS program is completely voluntary. We will ask you to sign an agreement outlining the expectations of the program. With the assistant of assigned case worker, you will design an individual improvement plan. You are then on the pathway to independence. It is up to you to work on your goals, with help from a PTO-FSS person.
How Do I Apply?
To apply for the Family Self-Sufficiency Program please complete the PTO_FSS_Application and submit it by email or mail.or for more information, contact:
Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis (HACA)
Phone: (410) 267-8000