Safety is a priority! All residents are encouraged to get involved in their communities. Get to know your neighbors and the staff at your complex. Be aware of your surroundings, contact property managers of maintenance and security issues, and report suspicious activity in playgrounds and/or parking lots.
Contact the Annapolis Police Department
- For all emergencies: 911
- Administrative Offices: 410-268-9000
- Direct to Police Dispatch: 410-268-4141
- Anonymous Tips: 410-280-CLUE
- Fax: 410-268-9472
- Address: 199 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21401
For non-emergency questions and concerns:
Report Suspicious Activity
Notify HACA Office, police, and/or property managers of any suspicious activity, possible drug/gang graffiti, or security lights out in the complex. Call 410-268-4141 if they see anyone acting suspiciously in their neighborhood. Things to look for: people or vehicles that you haven't seen before, people walking through yards or standing in one spot for a substantial period of time, and people dressed unusually for the weather.
- Get to Know Your Neighbors. Take advantage of National Night Out to greet your neighbors, whether they're long-time residents or just moved in. Make it a year-round habit to check in with each other. Get involved in your Resident Council meetings,
- Keep their homes' doors and windows locked to prevent burglaries. It is a good idea for residents to lock their doors even while they are out in their yards. Garages and sheds should also be locked.
- Keep car doors locked and windows rolled up. Valuables should not be kept in vehicles; if such items must be in vehicles, they should be stored out of sight.